We are glad you are coming to the Sinkhole Conference. Please note three things:
- The conference will be held in the Marshall Student Center on USF Campus. Click on the following link for a campus map: www.usf.edu/administrative-services/parking/documents/visitormap.jpg. MLK plaza is in the middle of campus and you’ll see the Marshall Student Center in brown immediately to the north. Parking is available in the Crescent Hill Parking Garage, shown in purple northeast of the Marshall Center. When you arrive at the Marshall Student Center, go to the ballroom on the second floor to find registration.
- We have locked in discounted lodging for you at two nearby hotels. The Embassy Suites is located on the southwest edge of the campus along Fowler Avenue, as shown in gray on the campus map. The La Quinta is not on campus but across Fowler Avenue from the Embassy Suites. Both are easy 10-15 minute walks to the Marshall Center. For more information about the hotels and to book your reservations, click here for lodging information: http://sinkholeconference.com/sites/sinkholeconference.com/files/2022-06/Lodging%20at%2017th%20Sinkhole%20Conference_2022%2006%20June%204_1.pdf].
- If you will be on the full-day field trip on Monday, 27 March, meet in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel no later than 7:45 a.m. so you can get registered and be on the buses to leave on time at 8 a.m. Also, remember that you must bring a reflective safety vest and a hard-hat (a caving helmet is acceptable too) to enter one of the trip stops.
- Visitor parking on the campus of the University of South Florida is limited and must be purchased. If you are staying at one of the conference hotels, you can use their parking lots and walk to the venue at the Marshall Center within 10-15 minutes. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a parking permit. Visit https://www.usf.edu/administrative-services/parking/ to buy a permit, see a map of the parking lot locations, and for other parking information. Lot 3B and Crescent Hill Parking Facility are closest to the Marshall Center (Crescent Hill can accommodate vehicles up to 8’2” tall, in case you have a large truck). We recommend you buy your permit in advance.
Please note that the following deadlines will be enforced:
- 29 July 2022: Abstract due
- 3 August 2022: Authors notified of abstract acceptance
- 1 September 2022: Deadline for 80% refund for canceled registrations
- 28 October 2022: Draft papers due
- 15 November 2022: Deadline for Beck Student Support Fund Application
- 2 December 2022: Authors provided with review and comments
- 16 December 2022: Deadline for 50% refund for canceled registrations. No refunds are given after this date.
- 6 January 2023: Final papers due
- 27 March 2023: The Sinkhole Conference begins!